And thus the second half of my product is complete! Behold,
those who meet the requirements I have so vaguely outlined in my definition of
the “modern American” (perhaps I should start calling it, “Mikayla’s Definition
of the 21.1 century American”) shall henceforth be known as, Medialian Americans!
So first things first, I created this name using the prefix,
“medi,” meaning half, the root, “ali,” meaning foreign, and the suffix, “an,”
meaning person. Put it together and you get person half foreign. I feel like
that word worked the best out of those I came up with because of the way it
sounds (Me-die-le-an) and its meaning. The other terms I was coming up with had
something to do with people having origins of many races or all races. Even
though some sounded fitting and a friend of my even said one of them sounded
the best, I realized that not all who fit in my definition may have mixed blood
or at the very least don’t have blood of every race, so the term wouldn’t be
accurate. I actually came up with, Polyster (many person), Omnigenness (a
person have qualities of all races), Polynymgen (many races), Pangenile (having
the qualities of all races), Gorpanile (to bring together all the qualities), Panstrainist
(to bring together all people), Symgenist (Having the qualities of many races
at the same time), Civgenist (a citizen of many races), and Mediali (half
foreign) in addition to the one I chose. Some are bad like Civgenist, some okay
like Pangenile, and some are atrocious like Polyster.One other thing is that I’ve been lying for some time in the blog posts (I think), I’ve decided to make a third part in my product. Remember how I said I’d try to find a way to make my product tangible so I could turn it in? Yeah, I’ve decided to write a short report on my findings thanks to the recommendation of my teacher. I plan to include the culture traits of Medialian Americans, why the culture is unique, struggle in defining them, and term significance.
No comments:
Post a Comment