Today I finished my research stage (yes it’s kinda late to
be doing that with a little over a week left until this is due), at least I
think so. I slightly want to say I’m not done researching because I only looked
up a small bit of information so I could be able to define the “modern American
and use that to help me come up with an accurate and symbolic name to call them
(er, us I guess, I’m kinda a part of that group of people). This wasn’t very
deep research about specific American culture traits and I would like to have
used census information that isn’t 7 years old (the country sure has grown
since then).
So after I finished my research I went on ahead and typed up
a draft for what is defined as the “modern American.” I plan to write another
draft after I finish typing this and after a couple or so drafts ask some other
people about what they think and revise it again. What I’ve got so far is typed
below as follows:
The modern American is an (currently)
unnamed ethnicity that consists of people who are the descendants of those who
lived in the country for at least four generations from somewhere in direct
family heritage by at least one family branch. These people value freedoms in
many aspects of their life as stated by the United States Constitution. They
have a tendency to eat meals outside of their homes about a third of the time,
dress in unique and usually comfortable styles, and about a fourth of the
population can speak more than one language. These people come from a variety
of different backgrounds though a majority of them have some trace of “white”
blood in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment