So I talked to my mother about the definition I came up with
earlier today and was able to come up with a newer definition that clarified some
issues she found my first draft (confusing parts). In the end I’m going with
this definition of:
“The typical American of today can be identified as a group
of individuals who are the descendants of those who lived in the country for at
least four generations. The connection must be through blood relations and it
only has to come from one side of the family. These people value freedoms in
many aspects of their life as stated by the United States Constitution. They
have a tendency to eat meals outside of their homes about a third of the time,
to dress in unique and usually comfortable styles, and to come from a variety
of different ethnic backgrounds. Many (ethnicity name) can speak a second
language and use it at home.”
With a definition down I now plan on going through looking
for a name to call the “modern American” as that is the second part of my
product. I think I’ll look for prefixes that have to do with diversity, difference,
variety while I don’t know what I’ll do for the suffix (or perhaps alien/foreign).
Can’t use the term, “Americans,” because the vast majority of us here aren’t
native and the fact that the US takes up only a small part of the Americans.
Maybe the suffix can have something ot do with America…
Another thing I’ll
have to get on is my TED Talk which I’ve already got some ideas down as well as
figuring out what I’m supposed turn in on the twenty second. My product isn’t exactly the
most tangible thing, hahahahaha….
No comments:
Post a Comment