With my genius hour time on the day I started typing this, I
decided to take a break from brainstorming on what the “modern American” is and
decided to write down a plan for how I want to go forward in this project,
which is as follows:
1. Define
the “modern American.”
2. Research
immigration and emigration patterns for the US to make an assumption on what
the ethnic population is.
3. See
what the US census bureau says ethnicity (even though it’s referred to as race
there) is and what people identified themselves as in the 2010 survey.
4. Find
statistics based on testing for what people’s ethnicity is and compare that to
the 2010 census bureau (be sure to use 2010 data).
5. Seeing
what people identify themselves as and what they really are you can make an
assumption on what people are looking for in an ethnicity.
6. Research
prefixes, suffixes, and other stuff like that to create a meaningful new term
to identify the “modern American” as.
Originally, part of my plan was to take a survey from the
entire student body about what they identified themselves as and then comparing
it to actual school public records (which I can somehow access apparently but
don’t know how), yet Mrs. Peel pointed out that I could never get the entire
student body to participate because there are people who wouldn’t want to do
something like that. It’s fine that I won’t be able to do that because I didn’t
know how to tie it into my project, but I’m still very worried about where I’m
going to get my six different sources from.
I might have found one source I’d like to use for the
project which is the 2010 census report found here: https://www.census.gov/2010census/data/.
Hopefully I’ll be able to find some history books on immigration patterns or reports
on immigration patters for my other sources so fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment