I seem to have run into
a few, well a lot actually, or problems. For starts, I am severely unmotivated
to do this genius hour. Yes, genetics, heritage, the cultural identity and all
that are wonderfully fascinating, but there seem to be so much other interesting
stuff going on no to mention I keep prioritizing other thing over genius
hour and I don’t get around to working on this. This might be obvious based
on what my blog entries have said in the past, because if you’ve paid attention
but out of the past six or so, only one (probably) has been about stuff I’ve
learned. I’m worried that I’m not going to be able to finish this project, or,
even worse, finish the project but it not be up to my standards or what I
originally envisioned.
Other than a lack of motivation,
I feel like I’ve almost lost the direction of where I’m going with this
project. When telling one of my friends what I was doing for my genius hour
they responded by saying it sounded really complicated, confusing, impossible
and unnecessary (something along those lines). Maybe they’re right, I mean come
on, the point of ethnicities is to label people based on their lifestyle and
heritage, so why combine a group of such different people and identify them
under one label? Even more so, you can already do that by identifying with
nationality instead of ethnicity, because in that case it doesn’t matter what
you do or how your ancestors were but rather what state one is loyal to. Why
make an ethnicity for the, “modern American?” I guess the excuse I’ve been
using this whole time is that Americans are a different type of people. They
want different things, act different ways, and think differently than other
people. Yes people immigrate here all the time so the population is constantly
changing, but then you have those who immigrated generations ago and have
assimilated with the many other cultures that have come here too and created a
unique culture. Guess that’s what a modern American is.
No comments:
Post a Comment