Today I go my idea approved by Mrs. Peel so everything is set, I plan to create an ethnic identity for the modern American! It may seem like a challenging and unnecessary task, but I feel that being a citizen of a nation of people who are the descendants of immigrants or just immigrated here (because they recently emigrated from their home countries) it’s impossible to have a single ethnic background. I do have a slight concern about my primary source though, for my current plan of testing my own DNA to see what my ethnic background is seems too basic and I don’t know how to connect it with the rest of my project.
Other sources I plan on using include records of immigration patterns for the US, for if people of one ethnicity immigrate here they (supposedly) have descendants here, the US census report from 2010 to see what people identified themselves as, and possibly a record of people’s actual ethnicities as well as a survey conducted to see what people at Clear Brook identify themselves as. The last two are possibilities because not everyone in the country has been tested for their ethnicity (I know because I have not been tested) so such records might not exist, and the survey is a possibility because the paper work involved in it is a lot and I’d have to find a way to reach out to the students.
I hope I’ve explained enough of my plans here so I can look back and see what I need to do. This could truly be something revolutionary, for so many Americans have an identity crisis that they may not be aware of, don’t care about, or are struggling with. By creating this ethnicity, the country could be united in a whole new way, and it could bring some peace and understanding between people as well as solve the identity crisis problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment